The asphalt drum mix plant is a specialized type of asphalt production equipment used for efficiently producing asphalt mixtures under specified temperature ranges from 150°C to 220°C. The basic principle of a drum mix asphalt plant involves the simultaneous mixing of aggregate materials and asphalt in a continuous process. Therefore, it is also named after a continuous asphalt mix plant. The plant consists of a rotating drum, often referred to as a drum mixer, where the materials are heated and mixed , which has simplified the working process. It is suitable for projects that have continuous asphalt demands, like highways, roads, airports, parking lots, etc. Check applications of the drum mix plant below.
Extensive Applications of Asphalt Drum Mix Plants
Until now, AIMIX asphalt drum mix plant exporter has delivered over 40 units of asphalt plants to global clients. You also can check pictures of the asphalt plant on-site.
60 t/h Asphalt Mobile Drum Mix Plant Working in Uruguay for Urban Road Construction
60 t/h Asphalt Drum Plant Working in Afghanistan for County Road Construction
Which Countries Are Drum Mixing Plants Exported to?
Here are the asphalt drum mix plant global exporting case lists below for reference.
- One unit of 60t/h drum mix asphalt plant has been exported to Tajikistan;
- Two units were delivered to Ukraine and Botswana, including 20t and 60t/h;
- AIMIX has exported one set of 60 t/h double drum asphalt plant to the Philippines;
- 60t/h asphalt drum plant was transported to Brazil;
- Two sets of 40t/h mobile continuous asphalt plants for sale were exported to Algeria;
- One set of 60t/h drum mixing plant asphalt mobile transported to Uruguay.
- Two sets of 20t/h asphalt mobile drum mix plants were shipped to Sri Lanka;
- One set of 60t/h mobile asphalt drum mix plant was delivered to Afghanistan;
Temperature of Asphalt in Different Fields of Application
The temperature of asphalt in different application areas will be different, the following are some common application areas and the corresponding asphalt use temperature range:
- Road paving: In road construction, the asphalt mixture is used to pave road surfaces. Generally speaking, the temperature range of asphalt mixture during construction is usually between 120°C and 165°C.
- Bitumen roof waterproofing: In the construction industry, bitumen is commonly used as a roofing waterproofing material. Thermoplastic asphalt (SBS or APP modified asphalt) usually needs to be heated to a temperature between 180°C and 220°C.
- Asphalt Concrete Repair: During pavement repair and patching, asphalt concrete is often used to fill damaged areas. The temperature for patching asphalt concrete is usually between 120°C and 150°C.
Introduction of Different Drum Mix Asphalt Plant Models
- This type of drum mix plant has a production capacity of approximately 20 metric tons of asphalt mixture per hour.
- With small capacity, it is suitable for small-scale projects, such as local road repairs, parking lots, or small residential developments.
- These plants are often compact and portable, offering flexibility in terms of mobility and easy setup.
- This asphalt drum plant can produce around 40 metric tons of asphalt mixture per hour.
- It is appropriate for medium-sized projects, such as urban roads, county highways, or small industrial areas.
- It may offer additional features and controls for efficient and reliable operation.
- This 60 t/h drum mix plant has a production capacity of approximately 60 metric tons of asphalt mixture per hour.
- It is generally used for medium to large-scale projects, such as state highways, airport runways, or commercial parking lots.
- The asphalt mixing plant drum type typically offers advanced features and controls for improved productivity and quality control.
- An 80 t/h asphalt drum mix plant for sale can produce around 80 metric tons of asphalt mixture per hour.
- It is appropriate for larger projects, such as major highway construction, large industrial areas, or high-traffic roadways.
- It is designed for high-volume production and often incorporates advanced technologies for efficient and precise mixing.
Asphalt Batch Plant VS Drum Plant
As we all know, the asphalt drum mix plant process working is different from the asphalt batch plant. They adopt different working principles. Here are the main characteristics of them. Check the details of the batch plant vs drum mix plant below.
- Batch mixing way.
- Drying in the dryer drum, mixing in asphalt mixer alone
- Heating aggregate at the bottom of the dryer drum.
- Hot aggregate would be weighed again in the mixing tower.
- No intermittence during the production.
- Drying and mixing in the same dryer mixing drum.
- Heating aggregate at the head of a dryer drum.
- Hot aggregate needn’t be weighed twice a time.
Reasons for Using Our Asphalt Drum Mix Plant
- 1. AIMIX asphalt drum mix plant has various models with large production capacity ranging from 20 t/h to 80 t/h.
- 2. The burning area of our dry drum is adopts anti-weary and anti-materials to prolong service life. The drying mixer drum has a reasonable structure to ensure high thermal efficiency and avoid heat loss.
- 3. The mineral filler has arch broken device to avoid powder congestion. The old and new powder is weighed with the superposition method in proportion. The recycled powder from dust collectors can improve material availability and reduce environmental pollution.
- 4. The drum mix plant has modular design, which has quick installation and convenient transportation.
- 5. The conduction oil system adopts international famous brand burner to guarantee accurate asphalt heating temperature.
The Working Principle of Continuous Asphalt Mixing Plant
- First, the cold aggregate, asphalt, and mineral filler are weighed respectively.
- Then the cold aggregate is conveyed to the dryer drum. Meanwhile, the mineral and asphalt are also delivered to the periphery of the inner drum.
- After the cold aggregate is heated, the hot aggregate will flow into the drum periphery. Therefore, the materials are mixed continuously.
- The repeated processes are lasting all the time. The drying method of cold aggregate adopts a downstream mode.
- The finished products are poured from the drying mixer drum, which is delivered to the construction sites.
- Here is an video of drum asphalt mixing plant video for reference:
Main Systems of Asphalt Drum Mix Plant
1. Cold aggregate supply system
The cold aggregate supply system consists of a cold aggregate hopper, aggregate hopper, cold aggregate vibrate screen, aggregate conveyor, belt conveyor, etc. The inner side of our cold aggregate hopper is equipped with a filter. The aggregate in the bin can be cut automatically. The discharge door is mounted with an alarm device. There will be an alarm when the aggregate is underfilled. The vibration screen can filter the cold aggregate of large particle size, which can avoid heat loss during the production process. The aggregate feeder has standard modularization with fast installation and transportation. The cold aggregate system has frequency control with automatic adjustment in synchronous proportion.
2. Drying and heating system
The drying and heating system is the most important part of the drum asphalt mix plant. The moisture of cold aggregate is removed through the drying system, which can ensure the aggregate is mixed with asphalt. It mainly has two devices, including dryer drum and burning. The dryer drum of drum hot mix plant is used to dry the cold aggregate. The insulating layer of dryer drum can reduce heat loss and energy consumption, which improves heating efficiency. The outlet of the dryer drum has temperature measurement device, which can control the cold aggregate temperature automatically. The burner is used to provide the heat source for the asphalt plant drum heating. Our burner has fuel burner and coal burner, which can ensure sufficient heat.
3. Weighing System
The weighing system is composed of aggregate weighing, filler measuring, and asphalt weighing. The aggregate weighing device adopts a famous weighing sensor, which can measure accurately and compensate for errors automatically. It has reasonable weighing orders to prevent partial load. The filler weighing device uses screw conveyor weighing. The filler weighing hopper has an arch broken and a pressure relief device. The asphalt weighing adopts a two-stage anti-overflow protection device. The asphalt is measured twice to ensure accurate weighing.
4. Dust collecting system
The function of the dust removal system is to reduce the dust discharge concentration and protect the environment. The multistage dust collecting system can realize dust collecting in stages, which can improve raw materials availability and ensure finished product quality. The outside of the dust remover has an insulating layer to avoid bag condensation. The inlet of the bag dust remover has a temperature protection device. The protection includes overheating protection, cold air protection, and overrun temperature protection, which can avoid bag damage.
5. Electric control system
The drum asphalt mix plant portable has electric control system. Most components are operated through the control system. The operation can be carried out through finger touching in the control panel and computer. The electric control system can be controlled automatically, semi-automatically, and manually, which is convenient for users to operate and maintain. What’s more, the electric control system improves the automatization of the asphalt drum mix plant.
|Cold Aggregate Feeding System
|Finihsed Asphalt Storage Bin
|Bag Dust Filter
About Drum Mix Plant Price
The price of an asphalt drum mix plant can vary depending on several factors such as manufacturer, capacity, specifications, brand, location, and additional features. However, as one of the reliable asphalt drum mix plant manufacturers, AIMIX Group can provide you with a general price range for a 20-80 t/h asphalt drum mix plants for sale as follows:
- ALT20: at least $60,000
- ALT40: over $90,000
- ALT60: more than $120,000
- ALT80: not less than $210,000
Before buying an asphalt drum mix plant for sale, clients must consider the primary price factor. While the listed asphalt plant price is the lowest. The exact price is also determined by the configurations. If you want to get the latest price, welcome to contact our sales and request the latest quotation!